Thursday 7 August 2008

August No 1 - Yipeee Holiday month!!





This month's exhibition at Studio three is very eye catching. In line with the Chinese Olympics Studio three present's Chinese Brush paintings by Claire Seaton and Paul Maslowski. Claire and Paul belong to a group of well practised brush painters, who meet at Oadby, Leicestershire and Grendon, Northamptonshire. They have very different styles and the work is very effective. Paul's style is more graphic, and Claire captures the vulnerabilty of animals with ease.


Meanwhile, on the illustration front, at last I found my third dummy baby book, which had been hiding from me for about a month, and so promptly sent it off to another publisher. The counting book is almost done, how many times have I written that? But I think by the end of August it should be there.


Lots of painting sales in July which is good news, and a sale to the US.


The stairs for the loft have been purchased, hopefully they'll arrive next week and then we can get them fitted. After that there's some electrical work to do, some insulating and then my new workspace is ready.


Hoping to go to a SWCBI event in Birmingham in September, which involves a critique, and am looking forward to going to Bologna book fair next year.


Hoping to find time to include a paypal button on my web page to encourage more UK sales, and will be sending out my catalogues soon. So much to do, and everything seems to take so long. I've made a massive improvement to my laptop by buying more RAM, I've wasted so much time in the past just waiting for the laptop to do its stuff. But no more!!!

www.studiothreegallery.co.uk

Check out other fabulous UK artists selling on the web at http://uketsysellers.blogspot.com/




No comments: